The University of Illinois Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition (FSHN) is proud to offer a non-thesis Master of Science online degree. The online delivery option makes the program accessible to working professionals and students in various locations.
All required lecture-based courses are delivered in live, synchronous, online sessions using distance education technology. Students must complete 32 hours of coursework and pass an oral examination. The master's of food science program must be completed within five years of initial registration.
View the FSHN Video to hear Dr. Dawn Bohn, director of off-campus programs, discuss the program.
Courses (Complete 11 Fully-Online Courses)
- Read more about the courses offerings here
- Sample Courses Below:
- FSHN 414 - Food Chemistry
- FSHN 460 - Food Processing Engineering
- FSHN 517 - Fermented and Distilled Beverages
$664 per credit hour (courses range from 1-4 credit hours)
- Applications for Fall 2017 are due May 1, 2017.
- Applications for Spring 2018 are due October 1, 2017.